Volunteer Resource Center
Training and Development
From the very beginning, Girl Scouts has been about developing girls' leadership. Now we're doing it better than ever with national, outcomes-based program activities that are designed to guide girls along a life-long path to… lead with courage when they speak out on issues they care about and take active roles in their communities; lead with confidence when they make the most of their strengths and feel empowered to make a difference in their lives and beyond; lead with character when they act with integrity and compassion, making decisions that promote the well-being of themselves and others; …as they continue to make the world a better place.
Policies and Guidelines
Dedicated volunteers are the heart and soul of our organization. Each day we celebrate the accomplishments of our over 12,000 girls and it’s important that we celebrate our 4000+ volunteers too!
- The Volunteer Message Board is a place to share ideas, ask a question, link to a troop across the council, invite girls to a service unit event, or share the great work your girls have been doing! It's up to you.
- Are you looking for details on all of the badges that Girl Scouts can earn? Click here to visit GSUSA’s Badge Explorer!
- To borrow or rent equipment, complete the Loanable Resources Form.
- Click here for a list of Certificates of Insurance (CoI) currently on file with GSCWM. If a Girl Scout Troop or group is planning a High Risk Activity, check the list to be certain that a (CoI) is on file, and that the date of your trip is prior to the expiration date of the CoI.
If the organization is not on the list, you will need to get a CoI from the organization and forward it with your Activity and Travel Form to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hand in Hand
Join us for our February "Hand in Hand" regional meetings with other volunteers. Hand in Hand meetings are a way that GSCWM can keep you in the loop on new initiatives that impact you (we've got a big one to talk about!) an offer the opportunity to network with other volunteers. All volunteers are welcome.
February 2015 Agenda:
| 5:30 pm
||Light refreshments and Hot-on-the-Spot Topics*
||New Customer Engagement Initiative (what is it, why we're doing it, and hot it's a game-changer for Girl Scouts)
||Hot-on-Spot discussions and networking
||Head for cozy slippers and fuzzy socks at home
* Hot-on-the-Spot Topics is a way to identify & choose what YOU want to talk about.
You can attend any of the sessions listed below:
- Wednesday, February 4: GSCWM Worcester Service Center
- Thursday, February 5: GSCWM Holyoke Service Center
- Monday, February 9: Greenfield Community College, Main Building (has a whale bone on it), Room C208, 1 College Drive, Greenfield
- Thursday, February 19: Fidelity Bank, 9 Leominster Connector, Leominster
- Tuesday, February 24: First Baptist Church, 88 South St., Pittsfield
Please RSVP by 5:00 pm the day before your meeting to Suzy Croteau (email@example.com). RSVPs help us use precious resources wisely. If the weather is uncooperative, call 800-462-9100 for an update before coming.